The world’s leading short-video platform, TikTok, is well-known for its various creative tools that are constantly improved and developed to meet user needs. With that spirit, TikTok introduced TikTok Creator Marketplace for brands to broaden their reach and enhance their performance.
Until now, TikTok Creator Marketplace has proved to be an effective method for advertisers. So, let’s dive into some of the most significant aspects of TikTok Creator Marketplace and get some inspiration from successful brands’ ad campaigns.
Table of Contents
- What is TikTok Creator Marketplace?
- Is TikTok Creator Marketplace worth it?
- How to access TikTok creator marketplace?
- How to use TikTok Creator Marketplace?
- TikTok Creator Marketplace best practice
- Time to make the best collaboration ever
What is TikTok Creator Marketplace?
TikTok Creator Marketplace (TCM) is the official platform that allows brands and creators to make collaborations on TikTok.
With TCM, creators can work with brands on both paid sponsorship and reward-based campaigns. Brands, on the other hand, can access the data such as reach, views, and audience demographics from creators to analyze the campaign result.
Is TikTok Creator Marketplace worth it?
TikTok Creator Marketplace brings creators and brands closer and definitely brings more opportunities for both. Apart from being free for all TikTok business accounts, TCM is clearly a must for any business for the following reasons.
Limitless access to TikTok creator profiles
On TCM, there are thousands of TikTok creators available for you. By using the search and filter bar, you can even find specific creators in your industry or region.
TCM gives you basic details of the creator for you to evaluate the compatibility of your brand and your collaborator, such as their followers, average views, engagement rate, etc. More importantly, TCM also displayed the pay rate of each creator on their profile, so you can choose one within your budget. Wonderful, right?
Find creators within your budget
The question of how much to pay creators is a common one that many brands ask when diving into creator marketing. Luckily, on TikTok Creator Marketplace, most creators have their rates right there on their profiles.
Every creator, everywhere, all at once
With TikTok Creator Marketplace, you have the power to create shortlists of creators you’re interested in collaborating with. You can make multiple lists and organize creators however you like, whether it’s by brand or by campaign.
Once you have a campaign ready, you can invite the entire lists or select multiple creators from different lists. This saves you the hassle of briefing and communicating with one creator at a time. In the end, it’s all about streamlining the process and maximizing your efficiency!
Real-time performance tracking
Imagine if you have to contact each creator in your list whenever a campaign is launched. It’s a bummer for both the brands and the creators, as the creators also have to make a report themselves. Luckily, TCM has a solution that everyone needs: Campaign Reporting dashboard, which is a tool allowing you to see how your campaign is performing in real-time.
You can check out metrics like Views, Reach, Engagement Rate, Cost Per View, and more! It’s all right there for you to keep track of.
How to access TikTok creator marketplace?
For brands, it requires ZERO BUDGET to create an account on TikTok Creator Marketplace (TCM). All you have to do is create a TikTok Ads Manager account to log in to TCM. To do that, you just need to provide some necessary information such as business name and ID, industry, and phone number to verify your account.
After verifying your account, you will be required to verify your input tax information. Creators and brands can handle all payments easily and conveniently through TCM; however, currently, you can only use in-app payments with creators who are located in your country.
Once everything is set up, you can begin seeking out content creators on TikTok.
How to use TikTok Creator Marketplace?
TCM surely will help you find the right TikTok creators for successful collaborations but you’re still the one who makes the final decision. TikTok analysis of each creator will provide useful insights to discover the perfect match with your campaign objective, brand image, and ad budget. So let’s figure out the steps to run a successful ad campaign with TikTok Creator Marketplace.
Step 1. Login to TCM using your Ads Manager account.
Step 2. Search for creators from the Search bar or click Creator search to find who fits your campaign and your brand then add them to the shortlist.
Step 3. If you use Creator Search, make sure to adjust the filter to your needs to find the right creators
Step 4. Choose creators to send requests and create a campaign.
Step 5. Describe your campaign and brand details.
Step 6. After the creators accept your invitation, create your workflow and publish your campaign.
Step 7. Keep track of your ad performance and record results to optimize future campaigns.
TikTok Creator Marketplace best practice
Being a relatively large platform, it can be challenging to navigate and optimize your efficiency when using TikTok Creator Marketplace. Therefore, we have compiled the best tips to assist you in not only finding the right creator but also collaborating more effectively on the platform.
How to find the right creator?
Make use of Creator Insights
One key advantage of TCM is their Creator Insights tool. It allows brands to gain a deeper perspective into the creators’ profile, for example their demographics and their performance, so that brands can find the best creator that fits them most and maximize their marketing campaign. Some key features include:
- Basic information: Right off the bat, some basic info regarding the creator’s account will show up on the screen, such as account name, bio, location, and content type. We suggest you skim through all of this info to make sure that they are a good fit for your campaign and your brand.
- Core metrics: Average views, Engagement rate, Completion rate, Followers growth rate, Average shares, Average likes, Average comments. There are two types of videos on TikTok where you can observe the core metrics: the creator’s original, organic videos, and the sponsored videos, which are ads created by creators for other brands.
- Audience demographics: Brands can view the age, gender, location, Tiktok usage, and device choice of a creator’s audience.
- Live performance tracking: Brands can see vital metrics, including video views, engagement rates, followers and follower growth.
- Discover Similar Creators: Finally, TikTok Creator Marketplace offers brands the opportunity to discover creators who share similar interests and audience demographics.
Don’t use too many filters
When browsing through the Creator Marketplace to find the right creators for your brand, it’s essential to remain open to various opportunities. Instead of restricting your search with too many filters, we recommend selecting only the country you are in and the relevant categories related to your product. This approach allows you to explore a broader range of creators who may align with your brand’s vision and values.
Keep a list of 10-15 creators
It’s important to understand that not every creator will have the ability to go viral or generate massive engagement. To maximize your chances of finding the perfect fit, create a list of 10-15 creators whose content resonates with your brand. This list will serve as a starting point for collaborations and provide you with options to work with creators who have potential and share a similar target audience.
Focus on small creators
While big creators may have a substantial following and the potential for higher reach, don’t overlook the value of small creators. Instead, you should prioritize consistency and growth rate when selecting creators to work with. The outfit showcasing video from Garage Clothing is an excellent demonstration of the effectiveness of collaborating with small creators to achieve impressive results..
How to collaborate effectively?
The TikTok Creator Marketplace offers a unique feature of facilitating purposeful partnerships, making it an ideal platform for brands and creators to collaborate. Hence, we have gathered 4 valuable tips for a successful and memorable collaboration on this platform.
- Have a specific objective in mind: When working with TikTok creators, always have a clear goal in mind. Moreover, you need to make sure the collaboration’s objectives are understood from the beginning to avoid miscommunication.
- Provide precise instructions and guidelines: By giving TikTok creators specific directions and guidelines about what you want them to make, there will be more chance that the final product will reflect the objectives and vision of your brand.
- Don’t be hesitant to provide feedback: It’s crucial for you, the client, to offer helpful feedback at all stages of the cooperation. By doing this, content creators can enhance their work and produce the desired campaign outcomes.
- Establish a relationship with your collaborator: TikTok creators would want to develop a relationship with your brand rather than just get a one-time payment. So, relax a bit, keep open communication, and be responsive to their requirements! You can establish a long-term connection with creators that will be advantageous for both sides.
Time to make the best collaboration ever
TikTok Creator Marketplace is truly an active platform and beneficial for businesses. With the growth of TikTok’s popularity, brands now have more reason to connect and work with creators on the platform.
Joining TikTok Creator Marketplace now to build your brand in a fun and creative way!